Friday, April 23, 2010

"Girl's not dumb."

So my flight is still a go-go. I feel a little sick and a little sad to be leaving. It just blows my mind. Gina and I have become such good friends, and the same with Renee and Pati. Alex and I were just getting to be friends. Kevin and I often stay up til 3 AM just talking and laughing! It's over and sono molto triste.

I made a 10/10 on my oral Italian exam btw. I was really happy about it. And I feel pretty sure that I did well on my written exam. I also feel like I did well on all my other exams.

Last night was our farewell dinner. It was delicious. There was the typical Toscana apettizer, which is meat, cheese, bruschetta, and a pate. Plus the brought out fried pizza dough, which was AMAZING. Dinner was a gnocchi (a little too salty, I thought, which is saying something) a lasagna, and a papa al pomodoro. Dessert was a tiramisu and biscotti, which you dip in a sweet wine. Some CAPA kids, including myself, did a little skit mocking our teachers and the staff. The prize was a 50€ cook book, which I didn't want because it would have added like 10 lbs. to my suitcase. It's alright, cause I didn't win. I mocked Jeremy and his Mannerist jean metaphor and how much he hates Mannerism. He actually got mocked the most. Jordan's mockery of Guido was fantastic, I can't believe he didn't win. It was so Guido. And Kevin mocked Lorenzo with the typical, "Ciao Ragazzi... we are closing!" It was hilarious. Lorenzo should be doing that right now, in fact, because CAPA closed technically 12 minutes ago. Hmmmm...

Yesterday I was making a list of things I will and won't miss about Italy. What I won't miss?

A certain someone, unforutanetly, made it to the top of the list
Not having a washer
Skeazy guys
No fountain soda
The expense of the euro

What I will miss
Everything else
My friends
My home
the GARLIC
the language
The experience of getting to use that language every day and getting better and better at it
the store Promod
The art
Anto (my Italian teacher)
the stress free life
my kitchen
taco night
all the fun things there are to do
on and on and on and on and on...

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry, there are a lot of skeazy guys in America...you won't have time not missing them :)

    Yeah, and that totally sucks about not using Italian all the time. Do you have a friend their you can call once a week to use it or something? You need to be my translator when I go to Italy sometime when I am rich and have lots of money.

    ReplyDelete